!! This page and the following page might be too difficult for the layman and can be skipped !!
One of the peculiar aspects of relativity of simultaneity is that the train in your world (blue space) and the train in Tom's world (one white space) are not the same! In your world (blue space) the train is made of events of trains from different Tom's worlds (white spaces).
A similar story can be told of your car in Tom's world ...
=> Go to ....
- Relativity for Dummies
- 4D Spacetime Block Universe
- Reciprocal time dilation
- Reciprocal length contraction
- Lengths do not 'appear' contracted!
- Measuring the contracted train
- Constant light speed
- Where is the bullet?
- Train experiment
- Slower and shorter - case study
- Minkowski vs Loedel
- Spacetime video
- Further reading