Professionals prefer to work with abstract diagrams instead of trains, cars and flagpoles.
On an overlay I drew the time and space axes of the train and the car worlds.
Here only the diagram.
Here the diagram flipt over vertically.
It is standard to read a diagram from bottom up!
This is a Minkowski diagram. The light path is always at 45°.
That's all folks!
There is only one more thing to say: ...
=> Go to ....
- Relativity for Dummies
- 4D Spacetime Block Universe
- Reciprocal time dilation
- Reciprocal length contraction
- Lengths do not 'appear' contracted!
- Measuring the contracted train
- Constant light speed
- Where is the bullet?
- Train experiment
- Slower and shorter - case study
- Minkowski vs Loedel
- Spacetime video
- Further reading